Under the guidance of the Common Assessment Initiative (CAI) steering committee and work groups, the CCCAssess platform is currently in a review phase. Please view the Timeline page for updates on rollout dates.
Specific CAI objectives include:
- Develop a common test for English, Mathematics, and English as a Second Language for all California Community Colleges.
- Reduce the need for re-assessment of community college students by increasing the portability.
- Increase the effectiveness and accuracy of test placement for students placing at or below college level.
- Lower unnecessary remediation rates for California Community Colleges students and increase the initial placement level for qualified students.
- Increase awareness of the importance of placement tests and improved student preparation.
- Assist colleges with efforts to improve local assessment and placement practices.
- Reduce the cost of assessment related activities at the district/college level by leveraging statewide economies of scale.
- Leverage multiple measures data and research to improve placement.
For more information on the Multiple Measures Assessment Project (MMAP) piloting, visit: http://rpgroup.org/projects/multiple-measures-assessment-project Opens in new window